Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How does my garden grow....in my bathroom?


I have a confession to make....

I love wearing flowers.

Over the past few months, anytime I go out anywhere (and actually put on non-loungewear clothes), I have some sort of flower on:



I know, I have a problem....I latch onto a look I like, and then wear it out!

Remember these shirts??


I love the look of the flowers and I plan on continuing wearing them with my clothes, or at least until some other fad comes along.  HAHA!

Well, it's been well documented here, that I am not the most orderly or organized housekeeper.  I really have a problem.  Since I've been wearing the flowers, the major problem has been keeping up with them.  I've found them all over the place:

  
The laundry room (the black and white one may have accidentally been washed)


Bathroom counter.

Vanity drawers.

I've even left them in the car, in my purse, on the kitchen island, the kitchen table, and at various places in the living room and bedroom.

Those suckers are EVERYWHERE!

So, after spending goodness knows how long looking for the dang things, I decided to come up with a solution to get them all in one place and have them organized.

Here is what I came up with:




I just took a frame, attached some silk cording, and hung it on the wall.  The flowers all have clips on the back and very easily clip right on the cording.  Super easy!

I've had it up for about a week, and so far, it's working FANTASTIC!  I can see all of my flowers, and they aren't getting smooshed.

And, I have my very own flower garden....in my bathroom!

----------------------------------------

I am linking to:

30 Handmade Days, Pity Party 36

and

Chick on a Shoestring Decorating

blog comments powered by Disqus