Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sometimes, mistakes end up working out for the best!

A few months ago, I was on a quest to change my master bedroom around for the Spring/Summer season.  I found a comforter on E-bay, and bought matching pillows and curtains from Kirkland's.  It was exactly what I wanted.....

Until I got it in the room.



The quality wasn't what I was expecting and nothing "fit" like I wanted it too.  You can read about that adventure here.

We decided to move everything back the way it originally was, and return the pillows and curtains.  But there was one small problem....

I couldn't find the stinkin' receipt!

I don't know how in the world that is even possible.  I save EVERYTHING....especially receipts!  I still have receipts from grocery trips I made FOUR years ago.  How can I not have the receipt?

I looked everywhere, even resorting to digging through the garbage, and never found it.

So, before the price was changed, I took everything back and got a Kirkland's gift card to use at a later time.

I've carried that gift card around for the past few months, just waiting for that "right" thing to spend it on AND waiting for the price to be discounted, too.  Finally, they were having a huge sale and I decided to go into my local store and look around.....

and I found "IT"!
 
 Photo from Kirkland's

The perfect narrow cabinet to go in my living room at a great price!  I showed it to Marty and he loved it too, so we bought it and carried it home.

Once we got home with it and took it out of the box, I had an idea to try it in the dining room, instead of the living room.

It fit perfectly!  It's like it was made to go there!


It's only 13" deep, which is perfect for this wall which is in a walkway.


It's shallow drawers are perfect to store all of my Silhouette materials.


It's even wide and deep enough to store my actual Silhouette!


I am crazy about this perfect little piece of furniture!


So I guess, sometimes mistakes end up working out for the best!


Now I just have to figure out what I want to go in my living room....again.

**sigh**
blog comments powered by Disqus