Monday, June 20, 2011

Twilight Birthday Party....Mission Accomplished!

Saturday was the much-anticipated Twilight-themed 19th birthday party for this young lady:


We spent months planning every little detail for the party.  As always, there is never enough time or money to do everything you want to do, but we think it turned out pretty well.  Chelsea told me over and over "This was the best birthday party ever!", so that is ALL that matters!

Now get ready for tons of pictures!

My goal for this party was to try to be "not too stressed" and have everything but the cooking done by Friday night.  I didn't quite make that goal, as you can see by this picture I took Friday night (Saturday morning) around 1:00 am.


It's party day!
The banner ended up being so big, the only wall we had big enough was the living room wall....and then we had to split the banner up.  I think it turned out better this way, anyway.


Fabulous cupcakes made by my sister-in-love, Candie.  Cupcake toppers made by me.


Red chocolate-dipped Oreos.


Candy bar!


Red chocolate-dipped marshmallows.



Red and Black swirly suckers, gumballs, licorice, and gummy bears.


I jazzed some of the suckers up a bit.


Goody boxes that I decorated.


Jacob Black decided to make an appearance, too! (And I tell you, this thing will scare you to death if you walk by it in the middle of the night!)


Dining room view.
Chelsea wanted pizza, so it's a little hard to make those look decorative.  HaHa!



I tried to recreate the flower on the cover of New Moon....not too successful.  HaHa!



The decorated mantle.  She loved it!


Close-up view of the banner.




Chelsea blowing out the candle.


Love the expression on her face!


Happy Girl!


My precious birthday girl!


Daddy, Mommy and brother hope you had the absolute best birthday ever!  We love you more than anything in this world!

****************************

Oh, and I just realized this is my 500th post!  I can't think of any better subject matter than my {not so} baby girl!
blog comments powered by Disqus