Friday, July 15, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

Hey Y'all!  I hope you are all having a very happy Friday!

My Internet service has been very sporadic over the past few days, so I have been going through withdrawals!  What did I do before the Internet?  You would think I would have gotten a lot done with it down, but no....I just wasted my time trying to figure out how to get onto the Internet.  

Addicted much? HAHA!

--------------------------------------------
Speaking of Internet problems, we had a serviceman from the cable company to come out and check out our connections since our service had been acting weird for months.  I waited ALL.DAY.LONG. for him to get here, only for him to tell me that the problems were with the cable and not with the connections in our house.  

Or actually, what he really said was:

"The problems are all the rednecks who live on _______ Road who like to dove hunt.  The doves rest on the cable lines, and the hunters shoot the doves right off the lines, making little breaks in the cables.  When we go through that area with our sensors,  the Internet signal is leaking through the breaks.  We just found the problem earlier in the week, so we are going to try to get somebody out here at some point to try to fix the problems."

Oh, OK, you are going to try to get somebody out here to fix the problems....in the mean time we are paying a FORTUNE for Internet service that may or may not work.

Wonderful.

-----------------------------------------------

Marty picked the fruit (?) off our our "mystery plant".


She's tiny, but perfectly shaped....but really, really early.  

I decided she needed a little decoration, however:


Heh, heh, heh...

-----------------------------------------

I just finished my first paying banner order!


I hope Kate loves it! ;o)

------------------------------------------------

I have well documented my obsession with Pinterest over the past week.   To show you how bad it's gotten, this is just some of the things I have bought this week to make some of the crafts I've found:


Ummm, yeah.  I think my checking account appreciated my Internet being out for a few days....

--------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, imagine my embarrassment when I realized I had misspelled "Pinterest" on both of my blog posts.   It's PintErest, not PintRest.

**face-palm**

-------------------------------------------

It's nice to see that I'm not alone:

From here

------------------------------------------------

And I want to dedicate this next picture to my precious, although severely ADD, son:

From here

And that's why his room literally looks like something exploded in it!

(I would post a picture, but I don't want DHR to come knock on my door!)

------------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus