Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

Hey Friends!

I hope that you all are having a great week so far!

It is still HOT, HOT, HOT here, as it is all over the place.  I don't like summer weather....never have.  I am a fall/winter weather gal, all the way.  I guess it has a little to do with my size.  Fat doesn't get along with hot very well.  HAHA!  I can't wait until that first breeze of fall comes blowing through!


--------------------------------------

I am really tired today.  So, I decided to declare it "Not-leaving-this-house-for-anything-and-staying-in-my-comfy-clothes-all-day-today" day!  I did manage to change out of my PJ's and throw a load of clothes in the washing machine, but that's about it for the day.  I need to throw something in the crock pot so we can at least have something good for supper.  LOL  Maybe tomorrow will be a little more productive.

-----------------------------------

Marty came in from the garden last night and told me we have two more pumpkins ready from our "mystery plant".  I guess I really need to try to do something with them.  I don't like pumpkin pie at all.  I don't think it's the pumpkin I don't like, I think it's all the spices used in the pie.  So, does anybody have any recipes that use fresh pumpkin that doesn't taste like pumpkin pie?


-----------------------------------

I'm really kind-of bummed that my kids start back to school in a few short weeks.  I love it when my kids are out of school for breaks.  I have already managed to buy all their school supplies, uniforms (for Chelsea), clothes (for Jameson), shoes, and backpacks.  I am trying to be more prepared than I have been in previous years!  LOL  I was also very pleasantly surprised that Jameson's school list only had a few items on it.  That is a HUGE change from years past.

-------------------------------------

Speaking of school clothes, Jameson picked out his shoes this year....and they are black.

100% Black.

Not a single other color on them.  We looked at other "black" shoes and he didn't like them because the stitching was not black.

What am I going to do with him?  I see visions of this in my future:

From here

**shudder**

---------------------------------

Oh, some fantastic news....



I can't wait until Halloween!

--------------------------------------
I hope you all have a fantastic last week of July!  Hopefully, you all can be more productive than I have been!
blog comments powered by Disqus