Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Somebody take the computer away from me!

Ummmmm, yeah......my Pinterest obsession has taken on a whole new life...

I may have ordered mannequin legs from Ebay over the weekend.

Photo from here

Well, OK, I DID order mannequin legs from Ebay this weekend....two of them....so far.

Actually, Pinterest isn't completely to blame.  My obsession began with this person:


(I totally stole this photo from her blog and if she asks me to remove it....then TOUGH COOKIES KIM!  LOL  Just kidding, I will take it down....if I have to!)

For those of you who don't know who this is, this is Kim Wheeler, from the Small Words blog, and she makes the most adorable kid's paintings.  I mean, so stinkin' adorable that she has a waiting list a MILE long! (And I am fortunate to be number 30-something on that list...WOOO HOOO!)

Anyway, painting kid's art isn't the only thing Kim does well.  I swear, everything she touches turns into something fabulous.  

Last year, before Halloween, she went on this massive hunt for mannequin legs.  HUH?  Mannequin legs?  I mean, Kim does have the magic touch, but what in the world could she make that would be cute out of them?  After a few days of frantic searching, she found some and made this:

(From HERE)

How stinkin' cute are these?

From the second I saw this picture, I knew I had to do this.  So, with inspiration from Kim, and temptation from Pinterest, I bit the bullet and ordered mannequin legs.

Somebody please take the computer away from me.

I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind at all!
blog comments powered by Disqus