Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

I'm still here!  Sorry about the lack of normal beginning of the week posts.  I really have no excuse....just too lazy to write anything down. I guess the summer heat is getting to me.   HAHA! 

-------------------------------------

Thank you for all the prayers for my niece, Stephanie, and her new baby boy, Reed!  He is doing GREAT!  He's no longer in the NICU and has been moved to the Step-down unit.  He's breathing on his own, with no oxygen.  He's still being fed with a NG tube, but at the rate he's going, he will be sucking down a bottle soon!


He had hiccups and was wide awake!



He had to have a sock monkey.  Go here to read Stephanie's hilarious sock monkey adventures.

Stephanie got to hold him for the first time yesterday!  SO PRECIOUS!



Proud daddy Lance holding his little man.

The funny thing is....this is the FIRST baby Stephanie has ever held!  Doesn't she look like a natural?

Here is Stephanie's blog post about Reed's surprise delivery!
(Seriously still laughing at the "Googling 'Can't stop peeing'")

(I totally stole these pictures from Stephanie, so if you would like me to remove them, too bad.....no seriously, I will, but I will be sad about it...haha)

--------------------------------------

Speaking of Reed, since he is doing so well, I really have to get on the ball and finish his banner!  I was waiting to get it done for his shower, which is at the end of this month....but he's doing so well, he's going to need it sooner!
--------------------------------------

Speaking of banners, I got paid for my first official banner last week!  It's a really good feeling to actually get paid for all of your hard work.  Thank you so much Kate for trusting me with your order!



-------------------------------------

As I posted here, Hubby and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary on Saturday!  We RARELY get to do anything without the kids, but my incredible mommy watched them for us and we went to see TWO movies and ate a new Italian restaurant.  It was so nice to be able to choose what to see and where to eat without objections from the little people!  

We saw Cowboys and Aliens

Photo from here

It was good, (especially Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford)  but not the best movie I've ever seen.  I'm not a big "Western" fan, though.

We also saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes

 Photo from here

Oh my goodness, this movie was FANTASTIC!  I am a HUGE old-school Planet of the Apes fan, so I was really disappointed in the remake with Mark Walberg a few years ago. (Which, as a matter of fact, was the last anniversary movie we went to)  I wasn't holding out much hope that this version would be good either, but boy was I wrong!

It doesn't follow the story line of the original Rise, but it is SO GOOD as it's own movie!  If you are looking for a great movie to see, I definitely recommend this one!

-----------------------------------------

I have some of the best co-workers ever!



Thanks Trina and Ann for making yesterday so special!  I love you both!

--------------------------------

Well, I guess I really did have more to talk about than I first thought!  I hope you all have a fantastic rest of the week!  I'm going to spend the next few days enjoying my kid's last few days of summer vacation!

blog comments powered by Disqus