Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mama's Mumblings

Hey everyone!  I hope you all had a fantastic Labor Day weekend!

We did, because we did absolutely NOTHING, which is our very favorite thing to do!  Marty has been working so much overtime lately, it has been really nice to have him home for four whole days in a row.  However, as I am writing this, we have having flooding, storms, wind, and lots of power outages....he still may be called in before the morning (hopefully not, though)

We've gotten much needed rain and cooler temperatures.  I almost feels like Fall outside.  I just wish that Fall and the rain didn't decide to come all on one day (as my friend, Tiffany, said on FB).

-----------------------------

I have been working a little bit on my Halloween decor.  I've managed to get this almost ready to go:


I'm going to add some buckles to the shoes (that are on "her" feet) and "plant" the legs in an urn outside.  I found the shoes at the thrift store for $0.98!  Not too bad, huh?  I loved the other shoes (on the chair), but no matter how hard I shoved, I couldn't get those stiff mannequin feet to go in them.  HAHA!  I do have some other plans for those, however!  If the weather hadn't been so bad today, I would have probably put them out already!  So what if Halloween is still almost 2 months away!

--------------------------------

Since we had no plans this weekend, I also decided to get a head start on some Halloween/Christmas crafts I want to make.





I stopped before I attached everything together, because I promised the PTA president that I would help with the Box Tops for Education stuff for the school.  I've never seen so many teeny-tiny box tops in my life!  After cutting, checking expiration dates, and attaching I-don't-know-how-many of them to their papers, I decided to work on the rest later.  Besides, I was totally out of tape and patience.


-------------------------------

I am completely thrilled that we have a new grocery store within driving distance to us!  It opened Wednesday, so Marty and I decided to go by on Friday to see what all the fuss was about.


Yes, I am this excited over a Publix!  I know it probably seems weird to a lot of you, but the only places we have to grocery shop are Wal-Mart, Winn Dixie, and our local, family-owned store.  Don't get me wrong, I love our local store, but when I need to do my "big" shopping, I have to go to a chain store to afford it.  Not that Winn Dixie is cheap, but I can use a lot of coupons and they have a ton of BOGO sales.  I've wanted to try to get into couponing, but don't have much luck at Wal-Mart.  I'm hoping since Publix is within a 20 minute drive, I can learn to coupon a little more and save more money!  We are supposed to be getting our own (10 minute drive) Publix next year.  I can't wait!


Just look at all of that beautiful produce!

-----------------------------------

Reed is HOME!  


(He is saying "TOUCHDOWN ALABAMA!")

He got to come home on Wednesday...his Mama's birthday!  Happy Birthday to Stephanie!

So far, he is doing great and growing like a weed!  Stephanie and Lance are so blessed that he is doing so well! Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes!

--------------------------------

Speaking of "Touchdown Alabama!", it's that time of the year again!

SEC FOOTBALL, BABY!

Alabama played a fantastic game against Kent State, on Saturday.


We are hoping for a repeat of the 2009 Season, this year!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

--------------------------

I've gotten a few comments about the Discus commenting system.  I know it is a big pain in the ol' booty and I don't have a clue how to fix it.  I am going to try a few things after I finish my work week and see if I can get it to work better for everyone.  I hate it, but I hate the Blogger option even more.  Thanks to all of you who have fought with it, and still choose to stay with me.  My bloggy buddies are the BEST!

--------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful week!


blog comments powered by Disqus