Monday, September 19, 2011

POP in and take a PEEK!

This weekend, we had a super-cute baby shower for my great nephew, Reed.  His shower was supposed to be August 20th, but little man decided he wanted to come 8 weeks early, so it had to be postponed until he came home.


(My favorite photo of Reed.  It makes me laugh every time I see it!)

The initial theme of the shower was "Pop and Peek".  You "pop" into the shower, and take a "peek" at Reed. However, the mean ol' doctor decided to quarantine him at home for 6 weeks, so he wasn't able to come.  So, the theme was changed to "Already Popped"...as in Stephanie has already "popped".  LOL

**Totally kidding about the "mean ol' doctor" thing.  If anybody in this world knows the importance of keeping preemies away from germs, it's me!**

Stephanie wanted all the food and goodies to have a "pop" theme.  It was really fun seeing all of the cute "pop" themes they came up with.  Who knew how many things could fit into this category?

I was asked to do the candy bar.  There are so many cute candy bar examples out there, but the one problem I had was, the majority of the candy had STICKS attached to them.

Do you realize how hard it is to display things with STICKS?

I finally managed to figure some things out (Thank you Google and Pinterest), and in the end, I think it turned out OK.  If I had just a little more time, I think I could have made it fabulous.  Oh, and did I forget to mention, I was asked to do the candy bar on MONDAY, before the shower on Saturday?  Yeah, nothing like a little pressure to get me motivated!  HAHA!

Anyway, I think the whole shower turned out great!  If I've learned one thing over the past 25 years, it's that the Hill family can throw one heck of a shin-dig!  

Now on to about 1000 pictures!

This has to be the cutest cake I've ever seen!  My sister-in-law, Candie made this.  It's all edible except for the trailer.  Make sure you see all of the pictures of the cake for a surprise!

Here is baby Reed driving his daddy's tractor.


Uh oh, looks like the trailer lost a wheel and the baby chicks are falling out!  Stephanie to the rescue!

 

OH NO!  It looks like Lance had a little accident!



Isn't this cake the most hysterical thing you've ever seen?


Stephanie made this "Already Popped" banner.  So cute!


Some of the "Pop" related foods!




We also had popcorn chicken and popcorn shrimp, but for some reason, I forgot to take pictures of that.

The drink station.  Stephanie was going to have soda "pop" too, but was told she had enough things.  HAHA!


Not a pop theme here, but really good anyway!


Look at that giant spread!



The slideshow in the background showed pictures of Reed.


The candy bar.

The banner above the table says "Thanks for popping in!"






The boxes were used to hold the candy.











The sign-in table.  Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. College is expensive!  LOL


The new parents!


Don't they look great?

We had a great time and I think everything turned out really well!

Welcome to our wonderful, crazy family, Reed!

blog comments powered by Disqus