Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Hey friends!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!

Things have been a little busy around here, but work was actually pretty good this week....for a change.

-------------------------------

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and ideas about Chelsea's graduation party!  You are all so sweet and some of your comments made me cry.


I think we are going to have her party on the weekend, instead of the actual night of graduation.  No need to add any additional stress to an already stressful day (especially for Chelsea).  One of my friends suggested having the party the weekend before graduation since the weekend after is actually a holiday weekend.  The jury is still out on that for now, however.

I think I am going to decorate using red, gray (silver), and white, which are her school colors.  At least that will give me a jumping off point for decorations.  I also got the confirmation that Chelsea's photo book is being shipped.  I can't wait to see the finished product!

It's slowly starting to come together!

--------------------------------------

I volunteered to help Jameson's school with their Scholastic book fair for the next two days.  What was I thinking?

The good news is, I saw on Twitter yesterday that Bakerella's Cake Pop book is available at most Scholastic book fairs!  You better bet I'm going to be looking for that today!

From HERE
I think it is so awesome that Jameson loves the book fair just as much as I did as a kid.  He picked out NINE books from the little handout thing he got a week before the fair started.  Then he bought 5 more books today.  I just wonder how many more he will end up with by the time this week is over?

My poor wallet!

--------------------------------------

If any of you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen my "come-apart" Tuesday night about our Caremark prescription drug plan.  If you didn't, you missed my near-stroke after dealing with them for the past month.

My husband gets his blood pressure medication from Caremark....which we are forced to use through our current insurance plan  (or pay double co-pays).  His prescription was mailed out on January 26th but was lost by the Hunstville, AL Post Office on January 31st.  We didn't realize the prescription was lost until the end of February when my husband ran out of medication. (Our previous prescription had taken 3 weeks to receive and when we called to inquire about it, we were told we were being too impatient and needed to wait longer, so we waited 4 weeks this time).  We were told that we had to file a report with the Post Office and once they figured out what happened to it, then Caremark would replace the meds.  I followed their rules and called again on March 7th to give them the information from the Post Office (delivered to a PO Box in Huntsville, never to be seen again) and to try to get our meds quickly reshipped.  They apologized for the problems and assured us the replacement meds would be to us in 3 to 5 days.  During this time, my husband still doesn't have his blood pressure medicine, so I have to get his doctor's office to call in a new prescription to a local pharmacy so we can at least keep him from having a stroke.  There was a ton of mix-ups and 3 trips to different pharmacies, but in the end, we are out of pocket over $125.00 and only have 1 month of his medications.

Fast forward to Tuesday....14 days after the promise by Caremark to have his meds to him within 3 to 5 days....and we still have NO MEDS!  I called their office, again, to find out what the problem was NOW.  After being on hold forever, they finally tell me that the replacement shipment had been mistakenly put on hold because it was too early to fill his prescription.

WHAT THA'????

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's not too early....considering WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE IT JANUARY 26th!!!!!!!!!!!

They apologized and promised, THIS TIME, to send his prescription via next day shipping.  Let me just say, I ain't holding my breath!  I won't believe it until I have that package in my hot little hands!

And the kicker....since they aren't sending his replacement meds until March 21st, that moves his next refill back 75 more days.  That means he can't get his next refill until late April or May, when his next refill should be sent out on March 26th.  So basically, they are getting away with not providing medication for Marty for an entire 60 day period!  (We do have a few weeks worth left, but WE paid out of pocket for those meds).

We have never had any problems with Caremark until the past six months.  We used to be able to call for a refill on Monday and have it in our mailbox by Wednesday or Thursday.  I don't know what changed, but it's definitely not for the better!  I don't know who I should complain too, but you better believe somebody is going to get an ear full from me!

It's bad enough I have to deal with all this prescription insurance stuff at work, but having to deal with it when I get home STINKS!  I put on Twitter if I end up having a stroke within the next day or so, Caremark is to blame and for Marty to sue accordingly.  HAHA!

--------------------------------------

Tuesday I got the best fortune cookie message ever...


If I could just figure out what to create that will make me prosperous, I will have it made!  LOL

---------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!!

blog comments powered by Disqus