Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Graduation wreath

Since it's already MAY, I'm officially in graduation and graduation party mode!  I decided I really needed to start kicking the party decorations in gear, so this weekend I worked on a couple of things!

After finding a few ideas on Pinterest (of course), I decided to make a wreath for the front door.  I've never tried the deco-mesh wreath before, but after watching a few tutorials online, it looked really simple.  I easily found the materials and brought them home and started to work.  After 30 minutes, this is what I had:

It's hard to tell from this picture, but the colors are bright red, sparkly white, and silver.
 This is before I did any "fluffing" of the ribbons.  Even though I liked how it turned out, I felt it still needed something that said "graduation", so I made these:
 

I haven't attached anything yet, but I think (hope) it will be really cute once I'm finished.

I've also been working on designing some other decorations.


Sorry for the poor quality photo.  The Silhouette software doesn't allow a "print screen" option, so I only have this crappy cell phone picture.

I plan on using them on some stringed circles and maybe as some cupcake toppers.

I haven't gotten much done, but at least it's a start!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!!


blog comments powered by Disqus