Thursday, May 3, 2012

I have to learn how to drive all over again!

For those that have been around awhile and those who know me in real life, know what a slacker I am when it comes to getting things done.  My house and crafts aren't the only casualties to my procrastination.  My poor car has been suffering, too.

I've had a cracked windshield for a L-O-N-G time.  It started off as a tiny circle, that rapidly spread in the 8 hours I was at work one day.  As soon as it happened, I planned on getting the circle fixed on the very next day off from work, but when I came out to get in my car later that afternoon, the circle had spread all the way across the windshield. 

 Dagum-it!

Every single time somebody gets into my car, they ask me "When are you going to get that fixed?"

Every.Single.Time.

Well, the wonderful auto insurance I have doesn't really help much when it comes to windshields.  I've had to replace the windshield in just about every car I've every owned. (Those long drives to Atlanta over the years have taken a toll on my vehicles!)  They will pay, but I have a huge deductible that is practically the entire cost of a windshield.  So, over the years, I've just not wanted to fork out the cash to pay for a new one.  That money can go a long way to paying bills, you know!

Well, the past few months I've really wanted to get it fixed, so finally I decided to bite the bullet and get it done.  I called yesterday and they set up an appointment to come to my house and replace it.  

What service!

It was fascinating to see how quickly an entire windshield can be replaced!


He had to get forceful and break out the power tools!


There it goes!


Bye cracked windshield!


My car looks so naked!  I just knew that huge band of rain that was about to come through was going to hit right about this exact moment. 


Look at that souped-up caulking gun!


Fortunately, the rain held off until he pulled out of the driveway!


Ahhhh, all nice, clean and SMOOTH!  

Now I have to learn how to drive all over again!
blog comments powered by Disqus