Monday, May 21, 2012

Two big things down...


and MANY more things to go!

I spent the WHOLE weekend (except for Church and a quick haircut for the kids) working on things for Chelsea's graduation party.

I am WHOOPED!

Right now, I never want to see another piece of scrapbook paper....ever!  

I'm hoping a good night's rest and a couple of days of work will clear my head and get me right back in the creative mood.  I'm not sure how good I will sleep, however.  I am convinced all my dreams will be in red, white, and gray (Chelsea's school colors)!

Here are two sneak peeks of what I've spent the weekend working on.  (Forgive me if you've already seen these on Twitter/Facebook)


This banner says "Seniors '12" and has several of her senior portraits on it.  All the papers are either glittery or metallic.  This banner really sparkles in the daylight!
 

Any of y'all who have been around a while, may recognize this banner from Chelsea's Twilight birthday party last year.  I hated to see all that work just sit in the cabinet, so I tweaked the word "Birthday" and changed it to "Congrats"  I think it turned out super-cute! This banner definitely looks better in person.  The red glitter paper just pops in person.

I've also been working on TONS of other graduation things.  I can't wait until I can show you everything all put together (I was going to say "finished", but I never seem to get finished.  HAHA!)  Every time I think I'm finished designing, printing, cutting, taping, attaching things, I come up with another project to try.  I think I just need to stay away from Pinterest and Google until the party is over.  I need to finish everything I've already started...which is PLENTY!

Marty is also feeling the pressure.  The deck still isn't finished, but it is getting there.  (Sorry no pictures. It was too dark).  He had planned on finishing everything Saturday, but literally an hour or so after starting to work on the deck, he got called into work.  Don't get me wrong, we are extremely thankful he has the job he does, but I just hate it that he is on call 24/7.  It would be nice to have a few days without having to be near a phone or Marty's work radio.  Thankfully, he is on vacation starting Thursday and doesn't go back to work for several days.

I hope you all have a fantastic and calm week!
blog comments powered by Disqus