Monday, June 4, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Hey friends!

It's the first week of June and I am loving this cooler weather!  It has been great for sitting out on the deck, but not so great for enjoying the swimming pool.  The water hasn't quite had a chance to warm up.  But I know soon it will be boiling hot.

---------------------------------------

Hubby and I (as well as the kids) were both off work last week and let me tell you, it was HEAVEN!  No schedules, no alarms, nothing.  It was great!  Tomorrow is going to be rough!  Especially since I think I've developed pneumonia or the flu over the past couple of days.  I really want to stay at home, but I've been off so much lately (thanks MONO), I don't want to press my luck.  Hopefully, I will feel better in the morning!

---------------------------------------

Believe it or not, Jameson has decided he wants to go to the science camp that his school offers....all three weeks of it!  This is the kid, when asked if he wanted to go to art camp, said "NO! Nothing is going to interfere with my summer vacation!"  It's only for a few hours, 4 days a week.  He is so excited, though.  I hope this bodes well for his future as a scientist or engineer!

----------------------------------------

We were so excited to go and see one of my bloggie friends and her husband this weekend.  Marty and I met Tracie and and her husband Kevin a couple of years ago and we had a blast!  I went to Scott's Antique Market with Tracie and had the time of my life!  Unfortunately, life and schedules got in the way and we haven't been able to meet up again, until this weekend.  Tracie and Kevin are moving from Atlanta to North Carolina this week and Tracie asked if I wanted to buy her desk that I have drooled over since the first time I saw it on her blog (A Tale of Many Cities).


Uh YES, I want that gorgeous desk!  So we met them for dinner, and had an incredible time!  I haven't laughed that much in a very long time!  I HATE they are moving further away, but we are determined to get together again very soon!

------------------------------------

Sweets (the cat) is doing awesome.  She's blending into our family quite well!  I swear, at times I think she thinks she's a dog.  She makes noises that sounds like a dog and zooms through the house like her tail is on fire.  She is hysterical!  She also has gotten into a really good nighttime routine.  She doesn't come into our room at all, until she hears us wake up in the morning.  Then she comes in meowing, wanting a snack.  Friday night, Jameson spent the night with his Nana, and the poor thing was LOST without her snuggle buddy!  She did spend a lot of time in our room that night.  

She sleeps in the strangest positions.

-----------------------------------

Speaking of Sweets, remember when I said she knocked my nearly-new computer off the desk?  Well, I guess she sort-of did me a favor because it really was a piece of junk.  So, I've tried to do some research, and I bought a new printer. 


It's an Epson Workforce WF-7510.  It's a wide-format printer that will take 12 x 12 sheets of paper, if needed.  It's supposedly good in the crafting circles.  We will see how it works out, but so far, so good!  I will try to do a review on it after I've used it for a while to let y'all know how it works!

---------------------------------------

I guess I better go for now, and try to get ready for the week ahead!

I hope you all have a wonderful and fantastic week!
blog comments powered by Disqus