Monday, June 18, 2012

She's not a baby anymore!

Today is a day that 20 years ago, I never thought I would see.

Today is Chelsea's 20th Birthday!!

I mean, how in the world is that even possible it's been 20 years since that scary day she was born?  Some days, it seems like a lifetime ago, and some days, it just seems like yesterday.


When I was a kid, 20 years seemed like an eternity.  Now, it seems like it's just a blink of an eye.  I can't be a mom to a 20 year old.  I mean, I'm still just a kid, right?

Since we had a huge graduation party a couple of weeks ago, we decided Chelsea's birthday would be low-key and full of fun, family time.  Because Marty & I both had to work today, Jameson had Science Camp, and the weekend was crowded with people celebrating Father's Day, we celebrated on Friday. 

 After a couple quick appointments first thing in the morning, we all headed out to the movies.  We all decided on "Men In Black 3."  We all enjoyed the movie (even though I think Chelsea and I would have probably enjoyed "Snow White and the Huntsmen" more) and headed to Fuji's for a fantastic meal.

Aren't my kids just so well behaved?
After the fantastic meal (where Chelsea even got to watch several minutes of General Hospital), we headed off to shop the rest of the day away.  Chelsea rarely asks for anything, but on this shopping trip, she asked for cowboy boots.  Normally, finding boots wouldn't be much of a problem, but Chelsea has itty-bitty feet.  It's almost impossible to find "real" looking boots in her size.  We went to many, many stores, and finally found these bad boys:


She LOVED them!  At the same store, she also found a straw-type cowboy hat.  Now she's all ready for the Scotty McCreery concert in September!

During our multiple stops, she also found several CD's (yes, she has an iPod Touch and an iPad, but she still loves her CD's), and some clothes.  And she also found these shoes:

Sorry for the horrible picture quality.
She just had to have "HEELS".  I mean, she's had some tiny heels before, but these heels are pretty high.  I have been scared to death she's going to break her ankle or her neck, but she's walking in them like a champ!  She said, "Now I look like all of my friends".

 It was a great day and we all had a fantastic time, especially Chelsea!

We hate that we will be gone for her actual birthday today, but she is mature enough that she understands that if we could be with her, we would.

Happy Birthday to our precious Chelsea-Belle!  We love you more than anything!  We are SO PROUD of you and everything you have accomplished {so far} in your beautiful life!


blog comments powered by Disqus