Monday, August 20, 2012

It's that time of year again.

Thanks to a new Alabama law, I got to spend a few more days with my little man this summer.  They were supposed to start school in early August, but because of the law, they don't have to start until the 20th (today).

I'll be honest, I LOVED having this extra time with him.  We've had the ultimate LAZY summer and I REALLY hate that it's come to an end.  Some mom's can't wait for their kids to go back to school, but I'm the complete opposite.  I don't know what I'm going to do with myself without my little sidekick.

We went to open house last week and got to meet Jameson's teachers.  They seem really nice.  Jameson was happy to see that several of his good friends are in his class.  He was also excited to find out that he was going to have Science class every single day!  I am PRAYING he has a wonderful year!

I'm not sure Chelsea really comprehends that she's really not going back to school this year.  She talks about not having to go back, but I'm wondering if it will hit her when she sees everyone else headed to school.  I told her yesterday that it's not too late for her go back to school this year.  She immediately said "NO WAY!"  LOL  Girlfriend is enjoying her free time!  We will see if she changes her mind in the next week or two, but for now, she will be the one still snuggled under the covers while her little brother trudges into school!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!


blog comments powered by Disqus