Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mama's Mumblings



Hey friends!  I hope your week is going great!

----------------------------------------------

Is anybody else tired of all the political fighting all over the place?  As a person who hates conflict, election years just set my nerves on edge!  There have been times lately that I've been tempted to shut down my Facebook and Twitter accounts until the election is over.  When did it become an effective campaign strategy to just make your opponent look bad?  Whatever happened to making yourself look good?  Anybody that can run a campaign without any mudslinging has got my vote!  Unfortunately, in this day and time, that's not going to happen.

From HERE (I don't necessarily agree/disagree with the article, just liked the photo)
-----------------------------------------

I less than a week, my baby boy will be TEN!  I can't believe he's going to be in the double-digits!  Time can just slow down anytime now!  Normally, we would be throwing a big party, but Jameson asked for something that was pretty expensive.  So, he was given the option of a party with smaller gifts, or no party and the gift he wanted.  He didn't hesitate, and chose to give up the party.  I was shocked because boyfriend LOVES a good party.  With less than a week to go, he still hasn't shown one ounce of remorse over his choice.  So, no party planning for me.  However, I am sending cupcakes to school and I just have to decorate them with some Minecraft cupcake toppers.

----------------------------------------------

Chelsea is counting down the days until September 15th.  She finally gets to see "her man" perform live!

From ScottyMcCreery.com
He's opening for The Band Perry and Brad Paisley.  We got her tickets for her graduation gift.  The funny thing is, the only person she wants to see is Scotty, so we may be leaving just as the "big" acts come on to perform.  HAHA!  This will be Chelsea's and Jameson's first concert and I can't wait to see how they like it!

--------------------------------------------

After the craziness of the past few weeks, I literally did absolutely nothing yesterday.  No crafting, no housework, NOTHING, and it was fantastic!  It's nice to have an occasional lazy day!

--------------------------------------------

Well, I guess that's all I have for today!  I hope the rest of your week is calm and uneventful!

blog comments powered by Disqus