Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It was a perfect, nail-biting, Southern football weekend!

Hey friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It was gorgeous here with just a touch of fall in the air.  The kind of weekend that lets you know that the cool breezes of Fall are right around the corner.

Over the years, I've become more and more interested in college football.  I mean, I've always been a huge University of Alabama fan, but I've found myself actually watching other games as well.  Last Saturday, I spent the majority of the day flipping back and forth between several football games.  By the end of the night, I was asking myself "Who am I?  I'm turning into my dad!"

This weekend was no different!

First, on Friday night, I spent a huge amount of time checking in on Facebook, watching the score of our local school (and my alma mater), the Mighty Munford Lions.


It was a close game, down to the very end, but they pulled out a WIN!  We are so proud of our LIONS!

Then, it was on to Saturday and the big Alabama game against Texas A&M.


Other than the Alabama/Auburn game, this has definitely become one of our biggest rivalry games.  Johnny Football against the Crimson Tide. Last year, Texas A&M pulled out a surprising win, but this year, we bought the title back to Tuscaloosa! It went down to the last seconds of the game and I thought I would have a heart attack in those last 18 seconds!  Thankfully, the Crimson Tide ROLLED and won!  It may have been only by one TD, but a win is a win!

After I calmed down from that phenomenal game, I then tuned in to the Auburn/Mississippi State game.  Even though Auburn is our ultimate rival, I still want them to do well during the season.....as long as they LOSE to us in the Iron Bowl. HAHA!


Oh my goodness!  What a game!  It literally came down to the last 10 seconds of the game, with Auburn pulling out the win.

Finally, I started keeping track of the score from my college alma mater, Jacksonville State University.


They played against an old rival, the University of North Alabama.  That game was FILLED with penalties (as was the Bama game), and neither team could seem to get a touchdown.  But between field goals and safeties, the game ended up going into DOUBLE-OT, with JSU pulling out a last minute win (at about 11:00 pm).

Seriously, every single game I watched/kept up with this weekend, went down to the last seconds.

I would stay that means it was a perfect, nail-biting, Southern football weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus