Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mama's Mumblings

Hey friends!  Yeah I know, it's been over a week since I last posted.  I would like to say it's because my life has been so exciting and action packed, but that would be a lie!  LOL

I've been sick-as-a-dog and swamped with orders, so I really haven't had time for or felt like doing anything fun or exciting.

I know you are all jealous and want my life.  Just admit it!  HAHA!!  (Totally kidding!)


I almost screwed up BIG TIME before the Alabama game on Saturday.  I almost forgot to hang my lucky wreath back up on the door!

Last year, I only took the wreath down for ONE game (during the week of Halloween) and we LOST! SO that wreath went right back up on that door and didn't come down again until after the National Championship game!  It must have worked, because we won!  LOL


I just realized that I never posted about the last EXTREMELY fun and exciting thing I did.  Marty and I got invited to the official #TwitterSupperClub part 2!  Katherine and Grayson (Grass Stains) invited us to their house for fun, food, and friendship.  We had an incredible time with Kat and Grayson, along with Rachel and Chris (Grasping for Objectivity in a Subjective Life) and Stephanie and Tadd (Plain Chicken)!  I swear, we need to do this every week because I'm telling you, these people are FUNNY!  I'll try to get my act together and do a proper post in a few days.  But in the mean time, you can enjoy Katherine's post about the night!

Photo stolen from Kat.

I took off work the to be with Jameson during the first week of school, and was scheduled to go back the next week on Wednesday and Thursday.  Well, guess who got sick-as-a-dog Tuesday?  Yup, that would be ME! I was so sick Wednesday and Thursday, I could barely move.  I did manage to make it from the bed to the bathroom to the recliner, and that's about all the movement I had for those two days.  I HATE, HATE, HATE that I had to call in to work, but driving that 100+ miles each way would have been impossible!  So, that means I went almost 3 weeks without working.  Going back this week was ROUGH!


I went to Wal-Mart today JUST to buy drinks and cat food....

**sigh**  You see how well that worked out, right?


Finally, fortunately this year has been going pretty well for Jameson.  So far, we've been able to keep a handle on his ADHD and he's tackling homework like a champ.  Some nights have been worse than others, but it's mostly on the days that our routine has been disrupted.  One thing that his school has started this year is working great, too.  They have starting using the Class Dojo system to help parents be able to see how they have been acting/participating during the school day.

The first week, Jameson had some problems with talking in class and in the hall, but once he realized that I knew about that before I even picked him up from school each day, he's been at 100%!  He gets "thumbs up" for participation, keeping his goals, finishing his work, working as a group, etc....  So far, it's been working great!


I hope you all have a wonderful week!  I'm off to work on MORE shirts!
blog comments powered by Disqus