Monday, February 25, 2013

A rare weekend of dates!


This weekend has been definitely unusual for us.  Marty and I rarely ever get to do anything without kids.  We definitely don't mind it, but it is nice to be able to eat where we want to or go see a movie that doesn't involve animation or super heroes.

First, Marty and I enjoyed his last Friday off until July.  (His work schedule rotates every 4 months)  We decided to celebrate our last day of "freedom" by going to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant.


Lunch was great, but soon it was time to get Jameson from school.

THEN, on Saturday, Jameson was invited to a birthday party/sleepover at one of his best friend's house.  The last time Jameson went to a sleepover, it was the weekend before school started back...a little over six months ago. We took advantage of the alone time and went to see TWO movies!

The first movie we saw was Identity Theft:

From IMDB
 Oh my goodness, (other than the language) this movie was HYSTERICAL!  I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time!  Melissa McCarthy is a comedic genius!  I saw an interview about this movie, and they said in the original screenplay, Melissa McCarthy's character was supposed to be male, but they rewrote it just so she could play the part.  In my opinion, EXTREMELY GREAT decision.

Identity Theft was over by 6:30, so we decided to stay and see another movie...Beautiful Creatures:

From IMDB

I hadn't really heard a lot about this movie, but was intrigued by the trailer and description.  I also felt like it was a sort-of Twilight-ish type of movie, since it is an adaptation from a series of young-adult books.  Even though it wasn't as great as Identity Theft, it was a really good movie.  I'm sure it will never win an Oscar (unless the tornado scene wins for special effects....WOW), but it was a good mystery, supernatural, love story type of movie.  It definitely made me want to read the whole series of books!

After the movies, we grabbed something to eat and headed home.  It was nice to go to bed when we wanted too, instead of me staying up until Jameson decided he would finally go to sleep.  LOL

Even though we had a great time, we were glad to see Chelsea at church and then pick-up Jameson from the party.  He had a great time, but I bet he didn't have as much fun as we did!
blog comments powered by Disqus