Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A TINY step forward with the "Ugly Chair".


I haven't gotten much done with my ol' Ugly Chair....


But I have made just a tiny bit of progress.

If you remember this post, THIS is what I want my chair to eventually look similar to:


*DROOL*

I do love the yellow and black, but honestly, I don't have any yellow in this house, so I'm not sure that would be the way to go with color.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the combination of the silk check and toile, so I am trying to stay in that vein, if I can.  After spending hours of Snowmageddon looking online for fabrics, I did find one fabric that I may use.


(The check fabric is the one I am thinking of using.)

  I found a remnant of the check fabric online for a steal, so I went ahead and ordered it to see how it would look on the very bottom part of the chair. If I don't like it, I can always use the fabric for something else.  I know I said I like the toile with the check, but that yummy black fabric at the bottom of the picture is GORGEOUS!


Marty found this black and gold fabric.  It is INCREDIBLE, too.


It's too bad I don't have any blue in this house.  I instantly fell in love with the toile!  So much so, I started trying to figure out what room of my house I could redo to make this fabric work!

   So many fabrics, so little money!

I am going to wait until I get the check fabric and see if I still like it, and then get more serious trying to match it.

I am wondering if I should add nail-head trim around the bottom edge like the original.  And what about trying to add the little arm pads, too?  Do I try to make my ugly chair look almost identical to the original or do I just work with what it has and go with it?

Decisions, decisions......
blog comments powered by Disqus