Monday, November 11, 2013

Post craft show crash

Hey friends...or all of you that have managed to stick around in my absence. It's only been, what?  3 weeks since I've posted. I've never gone that long without posting since I started this blog. The thing is, I've been so busy with everything else, I just completely ran out of time to post. Insane!

Thanks for all the well-wishes for Marty in my last post. Fortunately, he was able to go back to work a couple of weeks ago. He's had some problems after a few long, overtime days, but he's still managed to work through it. As much as I loved having Marty home, I'm glad to be back in sort of a normal routine again.

The craft show was this past weekend. The weather was cool, but good. It started off full of sunshine, but ended with overcast skies. I didn't have the best sales day, but I managed to squeak out a tiny profit for the day. But, I did have a wonderful time spending the day with my sister and brother-in-law. I am so thankful they came to spend the day with us! My space was also sandwiched between some of my favorite friends in the world, so that was an added bonus! I also enjoyed seeing many friends and family. Thanks to all of those that came and supported our community!

Here are a few items Blueberry Hill Handmade offered at the show:

There has been a couple of articles in our local paper about recent Bigfoot sightings in our area, so a couple of us took the Bigfoot idea and ran with it. They were a big hit!















If you like anything you see here, please visit my page Blueberry Hill Handmade.

I thought this was awesome. Two of my friends had their own booth and we thought it was so funny that our shirts matched!

We had to get Mr. Harmon in on the picture!
Even though I had a wonderful time with friends and family, I'm not sure I will be doing any more craft shows.  It was WEEKS of stress, planning, work, and time away from my family (and a lot of money) for not a lot of profit. Most of the things I make are personalized, so coming up with things that are "generic" is difficult. I'm not saying I definitely won't participate any more, but for now, I'll keep working and growing the business online.


For the past two days, I've wanted NOTHING to do with crafting and have tried to just spend some quality time with my family. We spent yesterday at church, then out to eat, and then to the movies to see Thor. Once we got home, we did nothing but watch cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.  Today, I didn't want to deal with anything, but ended up spending most of the day responding to texts, answering e-mails, getting up a t-shirt order, and cutting some things that should have been cut weeks ago. I'm completely in crash mode. Now I get to spend the next two days 100 miles away from home at work. Hopefully, by the time Thursday rolls around, I'll be back into the crafting groove!



I hope you all have a wonderful, no-stress week!!!  Hopefully, it won't be 3 weeks before I am back again!
blog comments powered by Disqus