Friday, June 11, 2010

Attention to all my creative friends out there

I need some help....

Some party decorating help!

Some super-sweet young lady may be having an EIGHTEENTH birthday party here in the next week.


Eighteen...

**sob**

NO WAY is my little girl 18 years old!

Nope, Notta, Ain't gonna happen....

My baby girl is NOT going to be an adult!

I refuse to let it happen!

What?

I can't make it stop?

I can't make time stand still and keep her my little baby girl forever?
It's not fair!

**stomping my feet**

Oh well, since I can't stop the progression of time,

I guess I need to get this party on.

Here is where I need your help.

I have been pouring over blogs, websites, photos, 

Everywhere

Trying to come up with some cute and clever and CHEAP decorating ideas for Chelsea's party.

Here are her invitations that I just got in the mail yesterday...


 (Invitations purchased from Zazzle.com)

I was planning on making invitations myself 

(Because I have a passion for all things paper, if you didn't know)

But when I showed these to Chelsea, she REFUSED to look at any more.

She saw these and that's the exact one's she wanted.

So,  I ordered them for her....

Much to the dismay of our bank account!

**yikes**

Custom invitations don't come cheap, I tell ya!

Anyway, I think they turned out really cute, and in the long run, ordering them from someone else, probably saved me a ton of time, headache, and hassle.

And, to be honest, probably a lot of money too...lol

I also found these super-cute stickers that matched the colors.


I got them in small and large sizes.

I ended up putting some of the smaller one's on all the envelopes when I mailed the invitations, and I am planning on putting the larger one's on some of the decorations.

I want to make some of these tissue paper pom-poms to hang in various places...

(Photo from Google Images)

I plan on making a Happy Birthday banner similar to this to hang the dining room....

 (Photo from Kelly's Korner)

And I want to have a TON of balloons in pink and black outside on the front porch and just scattered around the house.

But that's the only ideas I have come up with.

Chelsea wants her decorations to match the invitations....

so HOT PINK, BLACK, and SILVER will be used.

I want to have some finger foods, but I would also like to have something more substantial to eat, because of the time of day.

My super-sweet friend, Teri, has volunteered to make tiny BBQ sandwiches and Baked beans, and of course, there will be CAKE!

But that's all the food ideas I have for now.

SO, my wonderfully talented and creative bloggie buddies, what are your suggestions for this Ultra-Special Eighteenth birthday party?

Oh, and if you can get here, you are ALL invited!


blog comments powered by Disqus