Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Easiest Corn-on-the-Cob Ever!


Our family may not agree with a lot of our food choices, but one thing we ALL agree on is...

We LOVE corn!

Especially fresh, corn-on-the-cob.  This weekend, Wally World had huge ears of *fresh corn on sale for $0.19 per ear. (*However "fresh" Wally World produce can be)

Yes, 19 CENTS per ear!  So, we loaded our bag with 10 ears!

As soon  as we got home, I decided to cook some for the family.  I cooked the corn in a very non-traditional way....but it's the way my family loves.  I was taught this method by the nurse who also trained me in my very first nursing job in Labor & Delivery.

Hey, us nurses know many, many things....lol!

So, here is my super-easy, wonderfully delicious corn-on-the-cob recipe
(or rather, cooking method):

First, take several ears of corn, still in the husk.

This is VERY important....the corn must still be in the husk!


Place several ears in the husk on a microwave safe plate.

(I have cooked up to five ears at a time this way)


Put in the microwave.


Now cook for 9 to 11 minutes.

(I would use around 9 minutes for three ears, 11 minutes for 5 ears....I cooked these just a little too long)


After it is finished cooking, let the ears sit in the CLOSED microwave for at least two minutes (but can be longer if you forget...lol)

Notice how the water is dripping on the doors and on the bottom of the microwave?  LOL


Here is what you have once it is cooked.

See, it didn't spontaneously burst into flames or anything!

Let the corn sit on the counter for a little while because it is HOT!


After it is cool enough to pick up with your hands, start pulling the husks off the corn.


See, it peels right off!

If you want a "rustic" meal, you can leave the husk on and use for a handle....lol


The husk is easily twisted right off, and you are left with perfectly cooked, super-sweet, flavorful corn.

It is SO good, as-is, you don't even have to season it with butter, salt or pepper.


But of course, this is MY family we are talking about, so they HAD to have BUTTER.


Well, here it is, my recipe for the easiest corn-on-the-cob ever!

Try it and let me know what you think!


blog comments powered by Disqus