Monday, October 18, 2010

Updates from the weekend


This has been such a wonderful weekend around here!  The weather is perfect....cool breezes, blue skies, changing leaves....It just can't get any more beautiful!
I've had a couple of fun posts this week and I thought I would do some updating to a couple of them.

First....

I got to use the banner I made in my Banner Tutorial HERE.  I made this particular banner for one of the sweetest women I know, Susan.  Susan is expecting a baby girl, Reese, in just a few of weeks.  For any of you who have been following me for a while, you may remember Susan as the mommy who lost her precious little Allie to complications from Trisomy 18 in January of last year.  You can read read Allie's story here, or click on her button on my left sidebar.  Susan and her entire family are such a blessing to us.  They are all such wonderful people.  We are all just thrilled to death to meet little Reese!  We had Reese's shower today and I thought I would share a couple of pictures.

The banner in it's proper place (not on my dark brown dining room wall...ha!)


This is our precious Susan.  We love her so much!

Yes, I am that fat tall.  This picture was taken seconds after we were comparing the size of our bellies.  Mine was bigger by just a smidgen.  (Uh, and BTW, I'm NOT pregnant)


It was so great seeing Susan's families again and being able to spend some time with everyone!

Next:

WOW at the response about the Lisa Leonard/Alabama Bloggers meet-up on Friday!  I never dreamed I would meet so many wonderful and fantastic women!  Throughout the weekend, I've been drooling over so many new blogs, and Tweeting with so many of my new bloggy friends!  The one thing I've found in the majority of my comments and conversations with the other women who came....we ALL were very shy about introducing ourselves to each other (with the exception of the "really big" bloggers HA).  I could just kick myself for not being MORE open with everyone and stepping even farther out of my comfort zone.  I really wish I could re-do Friday again.  I would have made it a point to speak to EVERYONE there!

I think my biggest surprise relating to this experience has been  Lisa's post about the event.  Yes, that would be my picture at the bottom and a link to my post about the event.

**SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEAL**

OK, I'm calm, I'm calm.....

**whew**

This has been a great week and I hope this week is even better for ALL of us!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

blog comments powered by Disqus