Monday, March 7, 2011

Have you ever been in the mood for a seasonal change?

Until I started reading blogs a few years ago, it never occurred to me that some people actually changed their decor with each season.  I mean, I know about putting decorations up for holidays, but I mean actually changing pillows, furniture, and bedding for each season.  I don't think I will ever have enough "disposable" income to change my furniture for the seasons, but lately, I've wanted to change things up for the warmer weather.

The main room I've been wanting to change is my Master Bedroom.



Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my master bedroom!  I love every single thing about it (except for lack of actual grown-up furniture...haha), but lately, I've just wanted to lighten it up for the warmer months.

I've looked through a lot of comforter sets, and surprisingly, I've been drawn to the one color that I swore I wouldn't put in this house....

BLUE!

In our old house, every single stinkin' room had some sort of country blue in it (except for the Barney purple Master....long story..haha).  When we built this house, I was determined not to have a single sliver of blue in this house.  Then, while I was decorating the dining room for Christmas, I was just drawn to a gorgeous shade of icy blue to coordinate with my brown toile.  I made a few ornaments, and I LOVED the way the colors just naturally went together!





Once I decided on the colors, the hunt was on for just the right comforter set.

I thought it would be a piece of cake, but I quickly realized most blues that are paired with browns, have a greenish-tint to them.  I tried that route in my dining room with some store-bought ornaments, and it's definitely not the look I wanted.  I want a true, light blue color....with no hint of green in it.

After months and months of looking, I finally found a set that I LOVED at TJ Maxx.



Above photo from here

Unfortunately, they only had ONE and it was a QUEEN, and we definitely have to have a KING to cover my big ol' booty.  So, I looked and looked and looked without any leads.  I found some that were similar, but once I added sheets, a dust ruffle, pillow shams, bed skirt....they all cost a small fortune!  I would much rather save on the bedding and spend money on some actual furniture one day.  Plus, who knows what they actually looked like in person.  I had seen this particular bedding in person and I knew the color was exactly what I was looking for. 

Then, just on a whim, this weekend I started looking around on Ebay, and there she was!  My bedding in a KING!  The price was a little more than at TJ Maxx, but it is a bigger size, so I expected to pay a more.  I still wasn't sure if I wanted to splurge on something like this, but Marty encouraged me to bid on it.  So, I just put in a minimum bid, fully not expecting to win it.

BUT I DID!

I am getting really excited about it now!  I can't wait until it comes in and I can see if this beautiful blue is really what I've been wanting.

I will definitely keep you updated!


blog comments powered by Disqus