Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I think my canvas is possessed!

A couple of years ago, we had fabulous family portraits made by our friend, Roxanne.


This was one of our absolute favorites because it looks exactly like us and how act in real life.  

I decided to have this photo put on one of those "free canvases" and LOVED how it turned out.  You can read about that here.

A couple of hours after we initially hung it up for the first time....using Command Strips....it came crashing to the ground, scratching up the frame.


You can read about that little adventure here.

Well, we fixed the frame and strung a wire across the back, and hung it back up using a Hercules Hook. 



No way that baby is going anywhere now, right?

Well, for the past year or so, no problems at all.  Then, at 4 AM the other day, we heard a huge CRASH and then multiple smaller crashes!  It scared the mess out me! This was right after Marty hurt his back, so it took him a minute to actually be able to get out of the bed, but I dove out of the bed and ran screaming for Jameson (Chelsea was at my mom's).  He was sound asleep, despite my screaming, and everything in his room was undisturbed (even though it is so messy, how could one really tell it was undisturbed.  haha).  So I slowly started back-tracking though the house trying to figure out where the noises came from, secretly wishing I had a sword or something in case it was an intruder.  HAHA!
I finally made it to the dining room, and lo-and-behold, the canvas was on the floor, AGAIN!  Along with my "Important Dates" frame, the containers, and the flowers in their container.

What the heck???

(I don't have a picture of this because, you know, it was 4 AM)

We picked everything up and tried to figure out what in the world happened.  Hercules Hooks are supposed to hold a ton of weight, so we knew that couldn't be the problem.  When we flipped it over, this is what we saw:


(Photo taken today)
The hook on the back of the frame came completely out of the frame!  
Seriously??

I can see if the canvas and frame weighed a ton, but literally, the only weigh about three or four pounds (if that much).

Not only is the the back of the frame messed up now, it also cracked the other frame that was sitting under it and bent the art that was in the frame.


It looks like the wall will be looking like this for a while.


So what is it with this canvas?

I think I've decided that it's possessed!


blog comments powered by Disqus