Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Hey Y'all!  I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far! 

-----------------------------

I really need to be productive around the house right now, but I just don't seem to have any motivation.  It seems like I am always washing something (clothes, dishes, floors), but yet the house is always a mess.  The story of my {messy} life.  HAHA! 

Look for me soon on an episode of Hoarders.

-----------------------------

What is it with the weather????  Our high today is 70 degrees!  70!  The last time I checked, it was February, right??  Jameson is devastated that we haven't had any snow this year.  I hate to tell him the snow we had last year is NOT the norm for Alabama.  Bless his heart.

-----------------------------

Thank you for all your well wishes for my sister and my husband.

My sister went to the orthopedic doctor on Monday and found out she will have to have physical therapy for her shoulder for the next 4 weeks.  She wasn't thrilled with the plan because she's not a person to not work or not be doing something all the time.  We are praying she has a speedy and complete recovery.

Marty finally broke down and went to the doctor on Monday about his ribs/back.  After X-rays, blood work, two injections, and two prescriptions, they found he had pulled muscles in his back....From a sneeze.  He is feeling better and was able to go back to work, but he's still not 100% yet.

---------------------------------

Speaking of my husband, he's having to make some big decisions about his job (Same company, just different job) that will require some pretty big changes.  We've been talking and praying about it and are just unsure what he should do.  This morning when he left for work, I wasn't able to immediately go back to sleep, so I started praying about his situation.  As I finished my prayer, I said "God, it would just be much easier if you could just tell us YES or NO."  haha.  Well, I picked up my phone to check my e-mail (I check it pretty much every time I'm awake because my mother often will send me an email if she is having a problem and doesn't want to call and wake the entire house up) and the very first thing that pulled up was this:


(This is today's ad from Kohls)

Seriously?? God, did you just answer our prayers using e-mail?  I thought this was so (incredible) funny, I sent Marty the picture and told him about my prayer.  Well a few minutes later, Marty texted me back and said "Wow.  I was just praying for God to show me what to do.  Is this the right job for me?" and my text with the picture popped up.  So, it looks like God is trying to tell us something.

God definitely had a good sense of humor!

---------------------------------


From their website:

"Let's make history today Alabama! It's February 2nd, and today Alabamians are coming together for 24 hours of unprecedented giving. It's one extraordinary day to support the organizations that make Alabama special" 

This is a chance for all of us to make a difference to any organizations that are near and dear to your heart!  Donations can be made to organizations such as the Ronald McDonald House, United Cerebral Palsy, and any other Alabama non-profits and charities.  So, if you are feeling generous today and have a little extra money, here is an opportunity for you to make a difference with your favorite charities!

--------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!  The weekend is only a day-and-a-half away!!


blog comments powered by Disqus