Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mama's Mumblings

Happy Thursday friends!

I hope your week has been going well, and praying that these recent storms have passed you by!

--------------------------------

Last week, Jameson found a caterpillar and decided to keep it as a pet. He named it "Squirmy".   He's done a fantastic job keeping it fed and cleaning out the poop.  He even carried Squirmy to my mom's house on my work days so it wouldn't be alone.

Well, yesterday when Jameson got home from school, he rushed to check on Squirmy and this is what he found:


Squirmy is making a cocoon!  How neat is that?  Jameson was so excited!

Here is how Squirmy looked this morning:


I think this is going to be so cool to watch!

--------------------------------------

Speaking of Jameson, yesterday after school, I decided to run by our local health clinic and have them check Jameson's lymph nodes in his neck.


His teacher noticed them on Monday and Jameson called me to tell me about it while I was at work.  He normally has "shoddy nodes" all over his neck this time of year, so I wasn't really concerned.  But once I got home, his lymph nodes were HUGE compared to his normal seasonal inflammations.  

Yesterday, I noticed Jameson also had a little rash on his face, so I got more concerned and brought him in to have him tested for strep.  His strep test was negative, and she felt the rash was just his eczema.  The swollen lymph nodes did concern her though.  So, they decided to do blood work, and until we know something for sure, we are treating him like he has mono.  If the blood work comes back negative, then he has to go for a head/neck ultrasound.

Jameson almost died when they asked him if he had been kissing on any little girls!

We were really scared how he would handle the blood work, especially since it took about 5 minutes to get a strep swab, but he handled it like a champ and barely even flinched!  Of course, I had to bribe him with a video game.  HAHA!

So, if you don't mind, we would appreciate any good thoughts and prayers you could send his way.

-------------------------------------

It seems this has been a week of sickness and doctor's appointment.  Chelsea had an evaluation doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I got to miss work and she got a day out of school.


So after the appointment, we ate lunch at our favorite Mexican place!  It was really nice to be able to spend time with her, just the two of us.  We had a great day!

------------------------------------------

Even though I gifted Marty with a stomach virus on his birthday, by Tuesday afternoon, he was feeling much better and decided to start working on the deck!

He pulled the lines and found the corner and made sure everything was nice and square.  Then he dug FIFTEEN holes for the piers using a pick and shovel.




Look how deep those holes are!

He came straight home from work yesterday, and started pouring concrete.  Unfortunately, a storm popped up...with lightning...so he had to cover-up and pack-up after pouring 3 holes. 

His plan is to try to finish the concrete tonight and be ready to start framing this weekend!  We may actually get this deck finished yet!

----------------------------------------

**warning**
 Extremely crude junior high school humor below.

Oh, can I tell you that I have the most incredible, hysterical blog/twitter friends ever?  Tuesday night....LATE....my friends Rachel and Katherine started talking about a story that Katherine wrote about her horrible experience with hemorrhoids while she was pregnant. (Rachel nominated Kat's story for BlogHer's Voices of the Year).  Well, this unusual conversation led to many, many hemorrhoid jokes and eventually led to Kat making a Twitter account for her hemorrhoids... HemmiesFTW!

Well let me just say, for the next two hours, me, Marty, Rachel, Rachel's husband Chris, and Katherine came up with every hemorrhoid cliche' possible and moved on to hemorrhoid movie titles.



The bottom comment from Rachel (by Chris) was my absolute favorite of the night!

Honestly, this had to be one of my top ten Best.Nights.Ever.  (I know, I don't get out much.)  Marty and I laughed so hard, we had tears running down our face!  We ended staying up until after 12:30 playing around!
It was rough getting up the next morning, but it was totally worth it!

And speaking of Kat, she went to Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) book signing in Birmingham last night.  I wanted to go (again), but they started giving out line tickets the night before.  I just couldn't make the trip into Birmingham two times in a row (y'all, gas is EXPENSIVE!) plus I didn't want to leave Jameson here without me.  Well, my precious Kat stood in line for several hours and then surprised me with this:


Seriously?  I literally started crying when I saw what she did for me!  That was SO sweet of her!!  My plan is to pick this up in person so I can give her a big ol' hug!

So yeah, I definitely have the BEST Blog/Internet/Twitter friends EVER!

-------------------------------------

I hope you all stay safe from the storms and have a wonderful Easter weekend!!
blog comments powered by Disqus