Saturday, July 13, 2013

Family fun time!

Happy Saturday friends!  It's hard to believe that it's already the middle of July and summer is already HALF over! I am not ready for the new school year to get here yet! (And neither is Jameson!)

For the most part, this summer has been very calm and lazy.  Most of our days have been spent at home, watching movies (ahem...Pitch Perfect) and staying up late.  I've spent a ton of time working on Blueberry Hill Handmade, but have enjoyed being able to do it with the kids at my side.

Marty actually had a day off yesterday, so we decided to make the most of it! (sorry no pictures!)  The day started off with delicious home made cheese and cinnamon rolls from Mrs. Evelyn's bakery. These have been a favorite in our house for the past 25 years!

Then, after stuffing our faces, we headed out to a movie double feature!  First, we saw Monster's University.
Photo credit

Oh my goodness! This movie was SO CUTE!  We have always been huge fans of the original, and this movie was the absolute perfect prequel to that!  This was one of those movies I went in to not expecting too much, but came out LOVING IT!  This is definitely a "BUY IT" when it comes out on DVD!

Next, we saw Despicable Me 2.

Photo Credit

Again, really cute movie!  We are HUGE fans of the original, and watch it every time it comes on TV! This one had more minions, which are hysterical! However, I went into this movie with HIGH expectations, and I think I was a teeny-tiny bit disappointed.  It was GREAT, but just not as great as I hoped it would be, I guess!  Still, it is definitely a "BUY IT" when it comes out on DVD!

Chelsea and I loved Monster's University the most and Marty and Jameson loved Despicable Me 2 the most.  It must be a girl/boy thing.  HAHA!

After the movies, we were STARVING! I think we were all suffering from grumpy-low-blood-sugar-itis as everyone's tolerance and happiness levels were LOW and grumpiness/whiny-ness levels were HIGH!  We went to a local steak place and stuffed our faces with delicious food. Thankfully, attitudes greatly improved during the meal!

After the food, we headed to get ice cream at our local 32 Degrees. I think everyone's eyes were much larger than our stomachs, as we all came out of the store with our ice-cream bowls overflowing! We did our best to clean our plates, but none of us were able to!  HAHA!

Chelsea and I then headed off to Hobby Lobby, where she found some clothes and accessories for baby Prissy (who has turned into a little fashion diva, by the way).  Marty and Jameson headed to GameStop for some video game therapy.

It was so nice for all of us to get to spend the whole day together without having to worry about phones and schedules!  I hope we get to do it again soon!

blog comments powered by Disqus