Since the Alabama Women Bloggers blog/group is fairly new, they had the great idea for all the members to do a self-interview so we can get to know each other better! So, here are my answers!
1. What part of the state do you call home?
I live in a small town in North East Alabama, named Munford. From North to South, it's between Anniston/Oxford and Talladega, and from East to West, it's between Atlanta and Birmingham. I've lived here my entire life and don't ever want to leave!
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging on late December night in 2009.
3. Why did you start blogging?
My husband and I had just built a house, and in the process of trying to find home ideas, I discovered several awesome blogs. I loved the relationships these bloggers seemed to have with their readers and I wanted that. I was already pretty active on a couple of online communities so blogging seemed like the logical next step. I've always liked to talk, so I thought blogging would be a way I could talk as much as I wanted to and people could choose to "listen" or not.
4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community?
Alabama has MANY awesome women bloggers, and I love getting to know them all!
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years, I will probably be a full-time SAHM, not by choice, but by necessity. Probably still blogging and HOPEFULLY extremely busy with my "business."
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
Melissa McCarthy. The most obvious reason is her size, but she is honestly one of my current favorite actresses. Her comedic style is unbeatable!
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
1. Live long enough to see my son graduate college and go on to have a happy life.
2. Live long enough to see my grandchildren graduate college and go on to have happy lives.
3. Live in a house with NO mortgage!
4. Go on a romantic trip somewhere with my husband...that HE plans.
5. See my husband retire and actually be able to ENJOY a very long, happy retirement!
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
For my super-incredible weight loss and my new super-model body! Oh, wait, you mean really? That's tough. Right now in the blog world, I'm sort-of known as the mama who lost two babies in a very short period of time, and also a mama raising my precious, special daughter, Chelsea, and the struggles we've had with her education. I hope that I can continue to use my experiences to help others going through the same/similar things. I do also want to be known for my awesome super-model body, though! HAHA
9. Describe the best moment in your life.
When my (now) husband stole me away from my
10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
Besides being a skinny super-model and independently wealthy, I really just want to be a great mama, wife and daughter...with a successful home business.
11. What or who inspires you to blog?
I will admit, there have been many times I've seriously thought about quitting the whole blog thing. But then, out of nowhere, I'll get a comment or an e-mail from someone thanking me for writing Chelsea's story. Other than my family, those commenters keep me writing!
12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
Hmmm, that's tough because we don't have too many non-chain restaurants around here. I would probably have to say Top of the River in Anniston for steak and seafood, Fuji in Oxford for sushi and Japanese cuisine, and Big Daddy's BBQ in Munford for BBQ and hamburgers. **edited to add: Los Mexicanos for Mexican! I cannot believe I forgot Los Mex!**
13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
My favorite family tradition isn't necessarily Southern. Every Thanksgiving, my family, my sister and her family, and my mother, gets together for brunch. We all cook a couple of awesome breakfast-type dishes (along with some really fabulous sweets), pig out, watch the Macy's Parade, and pour through all the sales papers, planning our Black Friday purchases. I definitely look forward to Thanksgiving brunch all year long! Also, Saturdays in the Fall are all about SEC (read: ALABAMA) Football. My grandmother was a huge fan, my dad was a huge fan, my mom is a huge fan, and now the rest of the family is carrying on the tradition!
14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be?
It would have to be the post where Chelsea finds out she gets to actually meet her favorite singer, Scotty McCreery. I still cry every time I watch the videos!
15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow
Well, I really don't do well with my whole blog promotion, so you won't find me very active in too many places. The easiest places to find me are at my blog and on my personal Twitter.
My blog link is : Alabama Slacker Mama
My personal Twitter link is: robinandmarty
And this hasn't been publicaly released yet, but here is the link to my new Facebook Business page: Blueberry Hill Handmade
For all of you who are actually still reading about my boring life, THANKS! Now go to Alabama Women Bloggers and read about all of the other REAL fabulous bloggers that our state has to offer!